1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3 lesson observation ideas :)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by leannepeg, Feb 23, 2018.

1. leannepeg

leannepeg New commenter

Hi guys,

I'm just starting a new topic with my Year 3 class, on castles, so it looks at Medieval times etc. I have a lesson observation coming up, and as I have recently come back off maternity, and gone into KS2, I've lost my mojo :/

Does anyone have any exciting/interesting/different ideas that I could do for my lesson ob please? I want it to be literacy based ultimately, but obviously cross curricular.

Please help!! :confused:

Thank you.

2. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

I don't think doing something different for a lesson obs is a great idea. Trust yourself, you're a good teacher! You know what your class is like so as long as the lesson leads on from what they learnt last time and fits in with where you want them to go next it'll be fine. They should tell you if they have any specific focus, and you can make these explicit (as observers are not always great at noticing relevant points).

leannepeg, abacus1982 and Pomza like this.
  3. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Teach the lesson you would have taught before you knew there was an observation.

4. abacus1982

abacus1982 Established commenter

Couldn't agree more with these posts. What do you want the children to learn? Always start with that

leannepeg and Stiltskin like this.