1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3 Language play planning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by heidi_mcd, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Hi there,
    this unit is not exemplified. Can you given any suggestions please?
    Could I teach personification, similie or metaphor?
    many thanks Heidi

2. Hi there,
    this unit is not exemplified. Can you given any suggestions please?
    Could I teach personification, similie or metaphor?
    many thanks Heidi

3. could you point me in the direction of anything online/?? Not sure what to cover??/?

4. i'll have a look at work tomorrow and see what i do if you like- can't remember off hand.

5. thanks very much!!

6. Just an outline of what I teach
    • Spoonerisms using poem 'sunday in the yarm fard'
    • word play using idioms using poem 'How can I'
    • word play using features of a recipe using poem 'recipe for a disastrous Picnic' (create own poem caslled disastrous school outing)
    • repeating word patterns for humerous effect using poem ' through the staffroom door' (create own poem called 10 cheeky children)
    • metaphors using poem ' at the end of the school assembly' . We then create our own examples e.g Tom Ball bounced out of the classroom, Jasmine Joy lept out of the classroom etc.
    • we look at the poem 'teacher said' and write own based on same model
    Think that's about it- quite enjoy this unit. Hope it makes sense x

7. thank you very much! really useful ideas!

8. I have some planning, if you message me your e-mail address I'll send it along :)

9. Hi,
    I'm going to teach this unit in the next few weeks, if you could send me your planning that would be fantastic :)
    sillylolen1987@hotmail.com