1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3 Interview in Independent school

Discussion in 'Independent' started by ilovecherylcole, May 6, 2011.

1. I have 3 interviews next week, all in independent schools. I am coming from an independent school abroad and so I hope I know what to expect! I have to teach a lesson of my choice for each and it must last 50 minutes. I would most certainly like to do numeracy. I teach year 3 at the moment, my first time out of KS1, and have been informed that I will also be teaching a year 3 class in the interview. My year 3 class are average to below average in numeracy with most working at a 2b. I have been told that I will teach 20 children in the top set. Can anyone give me some ideas just how 'top' the top set is likely to be in a selective prep school in london? Do you think I should be looking at year 4 objectives? Has anyone got a great idea for a numeracy lesson? I was hoping to do something where I can start with an idea as a baseline and guage it to see if it is too easy and then if so I can easily adapt as I go to make more difficult. My initial thoughts were something to do with place value and ordering, but wasnt sure if top set y3 would have covered decimals..... as my class certainly havent! Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star!
    [​IMG]
    Super, super, super!

Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.
    The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!