1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3 & Year 4 writing task optional SATS 2009

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lozza78, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Hi,
    Does anyone know what the writing task was for last year's optional sats for both year 3 and 4? It is just the writing tasks I am after.
    Thanks in advance,
    Loz x

2. It's the same as the one from 2006 - there haven't been any new booklets since then.
    So the long task is a diary entry from Antarctica and the short task is to select 2 items to take on a trip to Antarctica.

3. year 3 was something along the lines of writing a letter persuading the haedteacher to choose their idea for a treasure hunt cant remember what the other year 3 writing task was.

4. It was to invent a playground game I think or something along those lines.

5. mum123

mum123 New commenter

Hi
    The short writing task for Year 3 is about playground games - it is broken down into sections which ask:
    Description of the game
    Who you I play it with
    Why I enjoy playing the game
    Who else would enjoy playing the game and why

Each section gives a slightly larger writing box as it moves through the questions - presumably seeking more writing!

6. I didn't realise it was the same as 2006 (we don't like those tasks!).
    Thanks so much for all of your replies, really appreciate it xx

7. Hi,
    Thank you guys so much, I've spent almost two hours searching the net for that short writting task description .
    Really appreciate this, thank you. x[​IMG]