1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3 adventure story planning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by buzzby, Apr 29, 2007.

1. I hate asking this but I am getting more wound up the more I try and think about it.

I am trying to plan my unit on Adventure stories for my year 3 class but am not getting anywhere. I have spent some of my PPA time trying to sort this out for the last 2weeks but end up giving up as I don't get anywhere with it and have 101 other things I could be doing.

Would anyone mind emailing me a copy of their planning that I could look at for inspiration and ideas and a guide to stepping in the right direction?

Like I said I hate asking but can't seem to get anywhere myself without getting stressed out.

I would really appreciate any help and of course if there is anything I can help with after I will try my best.

Thanks

2. I hate asking this but I am getting more wound up the more I try and think about it.

I am trying to plan my unit on Adventure stories for my year 3 class but am not getting anywhere. I have spent some of my PPA time trying to sort this out for the last 2weeks but end up giving up as I don't get anywhere with it and have 101 other things I could be doing.

Would anyone mind emailing me a copy of their planning that I could look at for inspiration and ideas and a guide to stepping in the right direction?

Like I said I hate asking but can't seem to get anywhere myself without getting stressed out.

I would really appreciate any help and of course if there is anything I can help with after I will try my best.

Thanks

3. fishtoe

fishtoe New commenter

4. THanks for that looks like it might be a great stepping stone for the children to work from.

5. I have used Cliffhanger by Jaqueline Wilson and my class loved it. W espent the 1st reading the story and looking at the characters and setting. 2nd week we recounted events and sentence level obj and 3rd week we planned our own adventure story in the same style as Cliffhanger.
    On the hamilto website under 3/4 there are Cliffhanger plans but they will need adapting.

Have you looked at the new framework as the unit has ideas there under teaching sequence.

If you are prepared to pay £12 to join hamilton have plans linked to the new framework and they have an adventure plan.

Classworks have adventure support too.

Finally Teachers tv have a selection of 7 short story starts that could help with planning there own.

I will try and find you all those links now...

6. what great resources -people are so kind on here! Many thanks for putting those together!