1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3 Adventure and Mystery help

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hay1, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Hello,
    This is my first year in Year 3 and my class are just fab - they are enthusiastic and veyr willing to participate in drama and use the books we share in class very well. I really want this to continue and therefore need so help finding both short stories and longer stories for the adventure and mystery unit.
    We have to plan our lessons with the help of the children and therefore I would like to give them a selection of stories that we can read together - for them to then choose which they would like to hear etc.
    Our whole school topic is kings and queens and we will be doing King Henry VIII in history so if it can link with this it would be FAB! but not the only deciding factor.
    If you can help and suggest any great stories I would be so grateful. My class is 50/50 girls and boys and the ability is equally shared as well throughout the class.
    Thanks in advance of any suggestions! [​IMG]
    I did read on here that The Tunnel was a good suggestion and that the pp slides were on the resources somewhere but I cant find them - any help here would be appreciated as well!

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. [​IMG] thanks so much for these - excellent!