1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3 A2 Maths planning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Leasa, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Leasa

Leasa New commenter

Hi,
    Up until now we have been using the Abacus Evolve plans for our maths but have decided to now use the unit plans for the Renewed Framework instead. However, I have spent the last few hours going round in circles and am not entirely sure how to go about planning this.
    I am trying to plan year 3 block A, unit 2 and I was wondering if there were any kind people put there who would mind sharing some of their planning with me? After all it is Christmas and everything! [​IMG]
    Leasa19@yahoo.co.uk
    Thank you to those who decide to help out a frazzled teacher so she can enjoy the new year celebrations stress free.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

But aren't the abacus evolve plans matched to the framework units already?

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Year-3-Maths-Block-A-Unit-2-6086411/

Might help you.

4. Leasa

Leasa New commenter

minniemix: The Abacus evolve is linked to the Framework objectives but we have found problems with it in that it doesn't quite cover the coverage and although we have not been using the scheme religiously, we still think we may be better using the framework units.

Thank you for the above link, it has given me some ideas as to where to go but am just not sure about how to divide the unit up into sessions and teaching activities so any extra help would be welcome.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

http://numeracy.cumbriagridforlearning.org.uk/index.php?category_id=144

Use the links on the left hand side to get all the units you want. The activities aren't all that exciting, but are better than nothing and will give you some ideas.

You can divide up the unit into whatever sessions you so choose. Take as long or as shorter time as you wish. Or even better dump the whole stupid framework and teach directly from the NC.

6. dc521

dc521 New commenter

My admiration for MM increases every day.
    The Cumbria grid tends to be very dry but useful when you're stuck. As for the suggestion of dumping the silly framework, can we hold a ceremonial bonfire for the bloody thing?

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOLOL Yeps I'll be there...just name the day!

Luckily my HT doesn't mind us not using it, so long as we can prove we are teaching the NC appropriate for our classes. The AH is appalled that my year group doesn't follow the framework...she loves it!