1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3/4 timetable, handwriting and phonics/grammar

Discussion in 'Primary' started by stuffedcrust, Sep 7, 2011.

1. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

I'm having a timetable nightmare too! Been told I can't have more than six in a group for guided reading and each group MUST have two 20 - 25 minute sessions with ME per week.

I need 6 groups for my class, so that's over 3 hours per week, the children will be expected to work independently on other activities!

2. I'm 3/4 , my timetable hasn't changed since I was Y3. We include grammar into Literacy lessons, do two phonics sessions and a spelling test each week, I also do a standalone handwriting session but it's really interactive and there isn't that much 'handwriting' on paper. I can email a timetable if it helps.

3. Hi, would you mind emailing me your timetable as I too am having great difficulty fitting phonics, support for spelling, guided reading and handwriting into my weekly timetable.
    rachelgillies@yahoo.com
    Many thanks,
    Rachel