1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3/4 Hockey - Help Appreciated

Discussion in 'Primary' started by downhearted, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Hi,
    Am desperately hoping someone can give me a nudge in the right direction. I've been asked to plan a hockey unit for the Autumn term and have no idea where to start. I was never really any good playing hockey whilst I was at school, and too be honest have no idea about the rules either.
    Does anyone know of any good websites that can help me to plan the unit? I've found very sketchy planning for year 6, but as I said, I really have no idea how to play hockey, so I need a better starting point for my planning. Unfortunately our Hockey training is apparently planned for after we've taught the unit!
    I'd really appreciate any help, as I am really stuck! [​IMG]

Thanks

2. Hi,
    Am desperately hoping someone can give me a nudge in the right direction. I've been asked to plan a hockey unit for the Autumn term and have no idea where to start. I was never really any good playing hockey whilst I was at school, and too be honest have no idea about the rules either.
    Does anyone know of any good websites that can help me to plan the unit? I've found very sketchy planning for year 6, but as I said, I really have no idea how to play hockey, so I need a better starting point for my planning. Unfortunately our Hockey training is apparently planned for after we've taught the unit!
    I'd really appreciate any help, as I am really stuck! [​IMG]

Thanks

3. DFC

DFC New commenter

If you post your email address I will send my Y4 MT hockey planning.

4. DFC

DFC New commenter

You have mail.

5. Hi,
    Hope this isn't really cheeky, but I'm in the same boat really. I am an NQT and am going to have Year 3 from September. I have to teach a hockey unit and have absolutely no idea, would you be able to email your plan too? My email address is

karen@leederk.fsnet.co.uk
    Many thanks in advance,
    K x

6. DFC

DFC New commenter

You have mail.

7. Thank you, its much appreciated!
    K x

8. Smythie

Smythie New commenter

DFC would be grateful if you could email me hockey plans. Returning to teaching f/t after maternity break. Say no more!!!
    Many thanks
    pa_smyth@hotmail.com

9. Could I please jump on also, have been struggling to find a decent plan for hockey! Thanks
    ness@inbox.com

10. Im desperate!!! Year 3 hockey, yikes . Your planning would help me out alot.
    My email is amandatartt@hotmail.com
    THANK you

11. Could I please have a copy of your hockey plans. I think that they would be very useful

lisa_smig@hotmail.com

12. can i be a real pain and ask if poss you would be able to forward on the hockey plan as i am usless at hockey and dont have a clue where to start
    really apprecitate it
    carla_cupcake@hotmail.co.uk

x x x x x

13. Hi I am also in the same position, any chance I could have a copy of the hockey plan too!
    ar_knott@hotmail.com

14. oxfordblue

oxfordblue New commenter

I agree with lardylegs, get Quicksticks hockey.
    I went on an England Hockey INSET and got the resources for free, otherwise the teaching book with the planning and the challenge cards is around £50 - but it does cover the whole of KS2.
    Our SSCo has also got sets of the hockey sticks and balls for Quicksticks which we can borrow.
    Very highly recommeded.

15. ShadowMan

ShadowMan New commenter

16. ShadowMan

ShadowMan New commenter