1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3/4 assembly ideas needed!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Rainbowmay, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Rainbowmay

Rainbowmay New commenter

evening all,
    I've been asked to take a weekly assembly for years 3 and 4. I've never done assemblies for this age group having spent the last 7 years teaching reception! So I'm just looking for some inspiration please. What could I do? Any good books I can share with them? Any creative, interactive ideas to keep them engaged?
    Thank you so much in advance x

2. Josh7

Josh7 Occasional commenter

3. Rainbowmay

Rainbowmay New commenter

4. ERscripts

ERscripts New commenter

5. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

6. katpalm

katpalm New commenter

our school have just signed up for picture news. Its a weekly poster with a question and assembly plan and British values card - it's really really good. website is www.picture-news.co.uk (as I couldn't find it on google)

7. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

GoGetters or some such do a range of fab assemblies

8. Waiguoren

Waiguoren Occasional commenter

You might consider a topic the children are working on or have recently finished, and do an assembly to showcase their learning. A series of scenes, with narrators alternating with groups acting out replays, slides on a projector, photos of work done, videos of children acting things out in class...a fun, fast-moving presentation of things they have learned over the last month or so.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  9. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I would always go with something the children are currently doing, as @Waiguoren suggests. Or else preparing for an assembly takes far too much time out of an already crowded curriculum.

10. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference Occasional commenter

Lara mfl 05 likes this.