1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 Topic

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Msz, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Is there any particular reason why your year partner wants to study Peru?
    I think it could be an interesting topic in Y2 but you would obviously have to do lots of work as there isn't going to be many "off the peg" resources which could be a good thing ...

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Why are you doing countries in every term? Seems a bit narrow to me.

We did half a term looking at countries in the UK and then the general geography of Europe. That worked well and year 2 didn't already know the capitals of the uk countries.

3. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I don't think choosing countries would automatically be narrow - I guess it depends on where they take the topics but there is so much scope for History, Art, D&T, Music etc linked together by a country that each unit could be different and focus on different skills. If the planning is the same pattern for all three topics, just changing the country then yes, that would be narrow!

4. What about Barnaby Bear goes to Brazil?

http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Products/PD1728300/Barnaby-Bear-in-Brazil/