1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2- Stories and Books

Discussion in 'Primary' started by JCA_1989, Mar 7, 2011.

1. JCA_1989

JCA_1989 New commenter

Hi everybody,
    Just looking for some help really, I will be on placement in a Year 2 class after Easter and I am looking for some nice books that I can read with the class for story time.
    They have time allotted for this every day for 20 minutes. It can either be short books or one which could be continued across a few days or week. I have obviously got some ideas such as Horrid Henry books, Jacquiline Wilson books and some Michael Morpurgo. Does anybody have any other examples which they have used? They don't have to be linked to the classes topic, so it is pretty much free choice!
    Thanks
    JCA

2. JCA_1989

JCA_1989 New commenter

Hi everybody,
    Just looking for some help really, I will be on placement in a Year 2 class after Easter and I am looking for some nice books that I can read with the class for story time.
    They have time allotted for this every day for 20 minutes. It can either be short books or one which could be continued across a few days or week. I have obviously got some ideas such as Horrid Henry books, Jacquiline Wilson books and some Michael Morpurgo. Does anybody have any other examples which they have used? They don't have to be linked to the classes topic, so it is pretty much free choice!
    Thanks
    JCA