1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 science planning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, Oct 25, 2011.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Hi all. Im new to year 2, and science is not my strongest subject at all!! My school doesnt have a scheme of work for science, so i feel like im struggling all alone in the dark at the moment. I know the topics i have to cover, and am doing electricity after half term, but im unsure what needs to be covered within that and how!! Ive looked at the old schemes of work, and can work out from that the main objectives, but they're very uninspiring. Does anyone have any planning for y2 electricity that they wouldnt mind sharing with me. Have looked in the resource section but to no avail. Please help. I wouldnt copy your planning, i just simply need some ideas to get me started

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL I had the same problem! I used the Kent ones linked above last half term and they have worked for me.

Several other year groups in the school are also using them as a starting point as well now.