1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 SATS reading marking, HELP me PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mrmojo123, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Could some generous soul please forward me the marking scheme (levelling brackets for the year 2 ks1 2005 reading SATs wibble wobble - the one about the teeth. I have them marked but have no guide as to what qualifies in which level band (2a, 2b, 2c, 1 ) etc

Please help!! You would be doing me an absolutley huge favour... please again and kind regards :D

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. Thank you so very much, as it is my first year in Year two and I have stepped in late in the year I have been battling with very little time to understand the KS! sats process.
    Just one last part of the puzzle i was wondering if you could help me with, when we submit our results and send them off:
    Is each section,
    Maths (1 level)
    Science -(1 level with no sublevels)
    English? Reading, writing (and are there more parts of this to send off this year particularly in the English.

Thanks again in advance your help.

4. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

Did you set 2005 for the KS1 SATS this year? It's my understanding that the choice is still either 2007 or 2009 papers.
    Anyway, the tests are only to 'inform your Teacher Assessment' so you don't need to submit any of the test results, just your teacher assessments in Speaking & Listening, Reading, Writing, Maths and Science. We sub-level everything in our school but I think Science doesn't get sub-levelled for county.

5. We have to do a level for each strand of Science so 4 separate levels (not sublevels for us though) - I think this is the same everywhere? I was surprised the first time so just thought I would mention it! (The computer turns it into an overall level, with AT1 being weighted 3 and the others 1 each.)

6. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Sorry but you do know that the choice was either the 2007 or 2009 tests ?