1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 SATS 2012

Discussion in 'Primary' started by csmith71, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Can anyone give me a rough idea of when you are sitting your end of year 2 SATS, I'm just checking myself that it is correct that you cannot teach the topic or literacy unit the half term before them?

2. We do ours throughout the year at convenient points. As you don't need to report the results, rather your Teacher Assessments, you don't need to wait until the end of the year to do them. You can't teach the technique (so a non chron report etc) in the week before you do them.

3. Yes we do ours 3 times in the year but I am sure for the Key stage 1 results that need to be handed into county need to be done before a certain date in June and you are not allowed to teach eg. non chron, which is the 2011 paper the half term before that.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Ours need to be sent to county sometime in June as well. But for the not teaching it is only a week beforehand.

5. Yep, I forgot to say you really need to do them by the end of May to give yourself time to do all the admin etc. Definitely only a week that you need between teaching the genre and doing the test, as Minnie said.

6. cool thanks for that, I was just having a mad panic then as I have planned to do noc animals in the Summer 1 term but just suddenly started to doubt myself.. crazy hey, a few days away from school and the mind goes into melt down.. I can carry on with my Katie Morag planning now..Phew!!!

7. Thank you both x

8. Msz

Msz Established commenter

9. ha ha I meant 2009 paper x I was just looking at my 2011 sats prep last year. thanks, maybe I need some wine

10. Great superheros singup. I hope you don't mind but they will defo be up in my class to help some of my less able children

11. Thank you for this link, this is the booklet I couldn't find, much appreciated.

12. thank you for your help