1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 SATs 2009

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sam83, Apr 20, 2011.

1. I am doing the 2009 Writing SATs for first time this year...

Which story do you use for character description?

Thanks

2. In the past We have used rainbow fish, selfish crocodile, gruffalo and mouse from the gruffalo

3. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

I use Mr Wolf from Mr Wolf's Pancakes by Jan Fearnly.

4. sillysausage21

sillysausage21 New commenter

I was wondering if Plop from 'The Owl who was afraid of the dark' might work this year. Has anybody used Plop before?

5. Is there possibly a risk with "Plop" that they will already have written about night time animals for the non-chronological report (long writing task).I would worry that some of my children (lower ability in particular) might get muddled up and start writing a non-chronological report about Plop instead of a character description!

6. I agree Lucy. I think it could get quite confusing, especially if they had a lot of focus on writing scientific descriptions of owls in their report writing.
    I would stick to a character that has lots of potential for good description of appearance and personality.

7. I'm wanting to get my children to research nocturnal animals in a little booklet. Not sure how to set this out so no one can say that they had an unfair advantage.

Anyone have examples of what they do or use?

Thanks