1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 pressure

Discussion in 'Primary' started by CJ37, May 22, 2012.

1. I've never posted before but the past few weeks have been too much!
    I'm an experienced teacher but this is only my second year in Y2. A few weeks ago the Head told us that instead of the usual 2 sub-levels progress expected, for Y2 it would now be 3 sub-levels. Is this what others have been told??
    I'm looking at the prospect of my end of year results NOT looking good and wonder/worry about the consequences. Whilst I agree that every child should achieve their potential where is this going?

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOL thought so! And I bet your secondary school make the same fuss about year 6 into 7.

We have to moderate with year 3 teachers, so that makes a difference.

3. I know that in the past my levels have been adapted by the time the targets have got to the next teacher. I always report what I think they are to the actual class teacher. I have compiled a list of test scores and APP levels and will provide the class teacher and SLT with both and just wait and see what happens.