1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 maths lesson

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by chrrisie, May 5, 2013.

1. I need some suggestions for creative lesson maths lesson ideas. The L.O of the lesson is to be able to sort objects into a carroll and venn diagram and use mathematical vocabulary to explain findings. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. you'll probably be better off in 'primary'

3. 1) Why does it have to be "creative"?
    2) Venn and Carroll diagrams and names of shapes in year 2?
    cyolba, wondering i the kids can do anything basic yet :)

4. Paul DG, please don't take your frustration out on me. I am only teaching what I am supposed to be teaching based on information given by the class teacher. The kids I have in the class are fairly young. They are about 7 years old. I do not know how to get to the primary forum. I tried searching, nothing came.

5. Thank you for sticking up for me frustum! I did not mean Paul DG to give anyone blood pressure, I am only doing what am I supposed to be doing!

6. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

chrrisie - the list down the LHS has all the fora listed - primary is one of them.
    I have taught venns this year in secondary and in my experience the kids enjoyed them and found them intersting and intriguing purely through the Maths involved, and my choice (or theirs as an extension) of objects to sort.
    To me that is engagement as it should be!

7. 'many'?
    we all know you probably think the world went downhill with the abolition of board schools, and cybola just likes to add this into his general cynicism - but are you really 'the many'?