1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 maths display ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Loopyloz, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Am new to year 2 and struggling for a maths display idea. Have top set maths and was going to
    Do a some kind of number display. Have a robot and stars which I was going to
    Use for basis of display. Any ideas much appreciated?

2. Am new to year 2 and struggling for a maths display idea. Have top set maths and was going to
    Do a some kind of number display. Have a robot and stars which I was going to
    Use for basis of display. Any ideas much appreciated?

3. lukesmum

lukesmum Occasional commenter

Here is a great place to look for some inspiration.

http://www.primary-teaching-resources.co.uk/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=categories&Itemid=68

LM

4. Hi,
    You are welcome to view the photos on my flickr account (I teach Y2!).

I also run the group 'primary school displays' on there which may come in useful. Lots of people share good examples of displays, resources etc.
    There are also other groups that have examples of displays too. Have a browse.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51089309@N04/4695830490/

5. Thanks some nice displays on there.
    Just needing more of an area to foucs on? was thinking odd and even maybe. Any other ideas?

6. I have got a big robot with stars- was going to have numbers on stars and then just questions on the board and maybe some number sequences in 2s 5s etc. Does this sound ok? Got a 100 square on as well. Didn't know whether to pick something to focus on but wanted to keep it number based please help!

7. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I'm going for a big hundred square, one of the ones with the cards in little pockets so they can be swapped around and reversed etc. Then I will move onto odd/ even numbers, mixed with counting in twos. Not sure what that will look like yet, but won't think about it for a few weeks yet!

8. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

I had one of those for a while. The 'special' kids kept nicking the numbers during breaktime, so it ended up useless...

9. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Haha yeah I had one 2 years ago, pinned to the wall low down so the kids could use it, and they kept knocking it off, so of course all the cards fell out and got scattered and they spent ages just shoving them in the wrong holes! So putting it up high this year!

10. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We made a hundred square on 'moving up day'. They had a square each with a number that they decorated. Odd numbers red and even yellow. The squares are now laminated and will be blu-tacked to the window or wall at child height. I'm hoping the blu-tac will prevent knocking off and the fact they made it will stop them spoiling it.

11. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I have a large A1 size 100 square cut up so that it has to be put togetherto help understand order and place value.
    Shape names and properties
    addition subtraction
    multiplication division
    number lines
    1-100
    10 -100
    100 -1000
    0.1 -1
    1/10s -1/1
    and when we return I will have another board with Where the Wild Things Are (basically an island with coordinates and plan to move Max and the Wild Things to a new square each day /session (haven't decided yet) with a sticker/sweet for the first child to bring me the correct coordinates