1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 instruction writing

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cha1k, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Hoping you can help. Being observed by head and someone from LEA soon eek! Its my first year in year 2 and I've got instruction writing coming up. I'm racking my brain thinking of something exciting to write and test instructions on. Any ideas?
    Many thanks

2. Hi all,

Hoping you can help. Being observed by head and someone from LEA soon eek! Its my first year in year 2 and I've got instruction writing coming up. I'm racking my brain thinking of something exciting to write and test instructions on. Any ideas?
    Many thanks

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

4. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

Could they link it with a DT project? Make a board game and write a set of instructions.

Obviously cookery is the most used one, but perhaps something not done do death (i.e. cup of tea, jam sandwich)

Pumpkin Soup by Helen Cooper is a good one to use. With cookery things you can provide some real ingredients for the children to role play with or have a reminder. It helps if they have had some experience of making the recipe.

5. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

we've just done it linked to our knights and castles topic. we made medieval bread then wrote instructions for it. also wrote instructions for how to turn your teacher into a dragon

6. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

We made rice krispie cakes.