1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

year 2 information texts

Discussion in 'Primary' started by amber_19, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Hi, i'm currently trying to plan this unit of work for my year 2 class. I was hoping to link it into the fire of london as this is our history topic but i'm struggling to be inspired!!! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Hi we're doing Minibeasts with info texts so cant help....

3. Have just finished this and linked to Great Fire of London - if you google there are loads of websites. Also linked to ICT unit - finding information.
    www.topicbox.net
    Great source of info.
    The children made their own info book about the fire, choosing headings, taking notes from various websites and books and then wrote a paragraph for each heading. Also linked to Art and they drew and painted pictures of the fire and wrote a poem - this made a great display.
    On to books by the same author - Katie Morag linked to Geog, Island home.

4. I know you posted this ages ago, im a student and im really struggling with this unit. Im also doing mini beasts with information texts and im struggling to think of fun things to do and also where to start :)
    Thanx