1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 History lesson - Titanic. Please help??!!!

Discussion in 'History' started by samandtim1309, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Hi everyone.
    I am a trainee teacher on a GTP course. I have been given a brand new topic to teach which is the Titanic in History. I am teaching this to year 2's. I have made a powerpoint about the Titanic and what happened and have got a child friendly video clip from CBBC on a survivors story. My problem now is thinking of a suitable activity to follow on from this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am really finding it difficult to think of an activity. I have got to get across to the children how long ago this was so they have a concept of the time period it happened. Thank you :)

2. Hi everyone.
    I am a trainee teacher on a GTP course. I have been given a brand new topic to teach which is the Titanic in History. I am teaching this to year 2's. I have made a powerpoint about the Titanic and what happened and have got a child friendly video clip from CBBC on a survivors story. My problem now is thinking of a suitable activity to follow on from this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am really finding it difficult to think of an activity. I have got to get across to the children how long ago this was so they have a concept of the time period it happened. Thank you :)

3. Go to www.scoilnet.ie (it is a portal page for Irish education) and search for titanic

4. forestje

forestje New commenter

Have you googled it? There has been so much information available this year because of the 100th anniversary.
    If you look back on the forums, there are a lot of threads with ideas.