1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 Fairy Tales - 20 minutes

Discussion in 'Primary' started by loui87, Jan 26, 2012.

1. loui87

loui87 New commenter

Hello,
    I wanted to run some ideas to Year 2 teachers that I have had for an interview.
    The lesson is only 20 minutes but has to be hands on and lively. I was thinking of giving them sections of fairy tales - once upon a time/a very long time ago etc for all the sections - and then getting them to try out different openers - sounds confusing in writing -thought it would be good fun .....
    or I have thought of giving the children a story box - with well known fairytale characters (not all from the same fairytale) and getting them in groups to make up their own fairy tale.
    What do you think to my ideas? any advice would great. Thank you x

2. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Like ur second idea

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I prefer the second idea as well. Maybe some masks or props to help with the telling. Also a simple series of cards in case you give a group a tale they don't know.

tpet, ******, spearklebox, primarytreasurechest all have great resources for fairytales.

4. Out of the Ark music have a series called THe Song and Story Series, which feature fairytales. book includes a little script, song lyrics, percussion ideas and the CD comes with the story narrated, songs with backing tracks and vocals. Really easy songs for them to learn. Kids love these books and the songs. they also have some downloadable resources . www.outoftheark.com