1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 explanation! Missing lesson!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, Jan 10, 2012.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Ive started my explanation unit in literacy, and am planning next weeks. Basically, ive got a day where we're doing human flowcharts, orally describing it, then a question mark day, then the next day we're going to use our ICT slot to actually do our flowchart. What im wondering if what to do on that question mark day!! Dont want to get them to write it, if we're gonna do it in ICT. Any ideas?

2. rainbowdrop86

Ive started my explanation unit in literacy, and am planning next weeks. Basically, ive got a day where we're doing human flowcharts, orally describing it, then a question mark day, then the next day we're going to use our ICT slot to actually do our flowchart. What im wondering if what to do on that question mark day!! Dont want to get them to write it, if we're gonna do it in ICT. Any ideas?

3. rainbowdrop86

by question mark day i mean day which im questionning what to do!! Just in case you're wondering why im teaching question marks in the middle of explanations!!!

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Not quite sure what you mean by human flowcharts? Will they be different for every child? If so your question mark day could be looking at some good examples 'out the front' and children deciding on some 'good points'& points to improve ( 2 stars and a wish type) to use in their own flowchart presentation in your ICT lesson?

5. rainbowdrop86

By human flow charts I mean we'll order life cycle, put stages in order on playground, and physically go round the flow hart imitating each stage etc. then they will orally explain the sequence. So thank you laramfl05 but ur idea won't work. Any other suggestions