1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 Block E unit 1 - Multiplication help

Discussion in 'Primary' started by star17, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Hi everyone

I am going to be teaching the multiplication part of Block E unit 1 next week. We haven't done any multiplication so far and are going to be 5 days on it. As I haven't taught this before I just wondered if anyone would be able to tell me what they would expect their HA, MA and LA children to be able to achieve by the end of the week. My class are fairly average I assume in terms of HA being 2c/1a, MA being 1a/1b LA being 1b/1c and SEN P8/1c.

The framework appears quite advanced- talking about solving multiplications by using number lines. I am assuming that only my HA will be doing that and rest working practically but I would appreciate your views on progression for groups across the week.

Thanks (only in 2nd year of teaching and new to Year 2 so please be kind! :))

2. Hi everyone

I am going to be teaching the multiplication part of Block E unit 1 next week. We haven't done any multiplication so far and are going to be 5 days on it. As I haven't taught this before I just wondered if anyone would be able to tell me what they would expect their HA, MA and LA children to be able to achieve by the end of the week. My class are fairly average I assume in terms of HA being 2c/1a, MA being 1a/1b LA being 1b/1c and SEN P8/1c.

The framework appears quite advanced- talking about solving multiplications by using number lines. I am assuming that only my HA will be doing that and rest working practically but I would appreciate your views on progression for groups across the week.

Thanks (only in 2nd year of teaching and new to Year 2 so please be kind! :))