1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2 Assessment Week literacy tasks- help please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by treespirit, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Hey, this is really fab. The animation is very gripping as well which will definitely get them immersed. Thank you so much! Teachers really do not learn in a vacuum. Is writing the end of a story a usual assessment theme? Have no experience of this you see.
    Thanks again x

2. Well I don't do special things for assessment to be honest. I assess as I go along and highlight on my app grid, but in order to highlight progression on the app grid whatever the children are doing should be independent (unless it says with support) and in a range of situations, so I find my weekly Big Writing works well for this as all the children work independently in their writing. You wouldn't have to do the end of the story, as you could set them the task of writing a different adventure story, or whatever, but I think the important thing is that you are seeing whether they can apply what you think they have learnt. Below are the basic, bottom line end of year things that my school (and other presumably as it is from a Sheffield City Council website) feels Year 2s should learn to do in their writing (I hope the list comes out ok), so you would want to base your scaffolding and final independent task around this (also looking at the Year 1 and 3 things for your less and more able, so my able Year 2s are focussing on using interesting adjectives and speech for example).
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse:collapse;border:medium none;" class="MsoNormalTable"><tr style="page-break-inside:avoid;height:43.3pt;"><td style="padding-bottom:0cm;background-color:transparent;padding-left:5.4pt;width:233.85pt;padding-right:5.4pt;height:43.3pt;padding-top:0cm;border:windowtext 1pt solid;"> LO:
    Success Criteria:

3. That didn't come out very well did it? I'll try again:
    Y2:
    LO:

<font size="2">The children can join two simple sentences together
    The children avoid the over use of the word and, instead using but, so or and then.
    LO:
    Begin to use commas in a list.
    SC:

4. Thank you! I shall see what I can do x