1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 2&3 Place Value and Number Bonds

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bed, Jan 26, 2016.

1. bed

bed New commenter

Hello - Ive just been told Im supply in a Y2/3 class tomorrow and maybe for a while - any quick resources to get me started please?
    I dont normally ask but Ive got t go out in half an hour!!

Many humble thankx
    Bed

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I would 'take my cue' from where the children are at currently. Go with any topics currently being investigated and start planning after tomorrow.
    So for tomorrow start with some quickfire mental maths questions to get a feel for the abilities within the class. Then some basic + and -. How do they normally set out their work (gives you an idea of familiar methods) ? Then some tables - possibly a variation on Fizz-Buzz. Then ask different children to demonstrate to each other their 'favourite method'.
    English. Perhaps an 'impetus' Choose 3 random items and get the children to pair-share a simple story, which they then write up and then share with the class.
    This will give you a much better base on which to start planning.

bed likes this.
  3. Studyzonetv

Studyzonetv Occasional commenter

LondonSarah likes this.