1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 13 revision advice - any subject welcome

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by schampion19, Apr 28, 2019.

1. schampion19

schampion19 New commenter

I wanted to hear from a range of different key stage five teachers and their perspectives on this. What do you tend to do with your year 13's on the run up to exams when you have finished your content? I am an NQT but will be a HOD in September so would like to know more. Do you give yours free rein to revise or very strategic revision lessons? If so, how? what kind of things do you do? How do you find this helps?

I have recently been leading revision session, but some students do not like this. I've been struggling with one student in particular who believes they can learn everything they need to from a textbook, despite me explaining this isn't the case. So they are refusing to attend lessons anymore as they do better on their own at home!

Any ideas welcome.