1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 12 GCSE Resit Scheme of Work

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by TeachByNumbers, Sep 6, 2016.

1. TeachByNumbers

TeachByNumbers New commenter

Hi, I've just been given a year 12 class resitting their maths GCSE AQA. I was going to start by giving them a past paper and then basing my lessons off that but I fear I'd miss topics or spend too long on one topic. Has anyone got a scheme of work they have used which I can adapt, obviously I would have liked more time to plan this but as ever things always change last minute.

Thanks for any help.

2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

First step in diagnosis: Talk to the patient. Ask your students which questions gave them difficulty and work outwards from these.

3. TeachByNumbers

See that's what I originally thought the best starting place and rather than give them a past paper to do. Talk through one with them.

4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Use prior content strategically and do not restrict yourself to a single paper or SAM set. Cover all topics to some extent, eventually, but focus initially on those with which students had most difficulty. These will likely be those with the largest mark-weights.

5. colinbillett

colinbillett Occasional commenter

6. TeachByNumbers