1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 11 Revision ideas

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by kjt40, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Hi all,

I was wondering how best to approach revision with a top group German GCSE group. They desperately need listening practice but I don't want to use up all the practice papers yet. Have you got any links to GCSE level listenings? And how do you best approach revision?

2. whapbapboogy

whapbapboogy New commenter

hi

depending on your exam board, your exam board may well publish a revision book you can buy and use.

Here is the name of the AQA one, for example:

Revise AQA: GCSE German Revision Guide (REVISE AQA MFL)

Here is the link for finding it on Amazon:

www.amazon.co.uk/.../279-7308306-6029766

I think Edexcel do these revision guides too.

Good luck. x

3. whapbapboogy

whapbapboogy New commenter

4. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

If you haven't already used this, the Irish Exam Board archive has loads of past papers you can access for nothing, admittedly not in exactly the same format as our exam boards, but their questions and answers are in English (make sure you select the English version of the German exams though, not the Irish!). The Junior Certificate is the closest to our GCSE level, and the joy of it is that you listen to the same mp3 file for Foundation and Higher, but the question papers are different so you can practise both levels at once if you need to.

www.examinations.ie/index.php

5. Thanks for all your help! We do the CIE IGCSE so finding material that is difficult enough is quite challenging. Many thanks for all the links.

6. FrauSue

FrauSue New commenter

Try atching videos on the Tivi Logo website - they're great fun, the right length and good, authentic German.