1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 1 - Xmas play help

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lollipops6, Sep 12, 2011.

1. I know it's early but does any one have any good ideas for a simple Xmas nativity play?
    Many thanks

2. Humph the Camel.
    Google it and you should get links for script and music and some You Tube clips. Designed for 3 - 6 year olds I think.

3. I'd be intrigued by the answers to this thread too.
    I need one for the whole of KS1 and was looking at whoops a daisy angel.

4. comenius

comenius New commenter

5. TreesK

TreesK New commenter

Just out of interest - why would 'not too many speaking parts' be an advantage? I'd have thought bwith 60 kids you'd be wanting plenty of parts... but I'm KS2 and easily confused [​IMG]

6. They are very young still so keeping it simple is the key.
    Thanks for all your ideas. I appreciate it. Any more on the theme of a nativitiy play?

7. Last year I adapted The Sleepy Shepherd from Out of the Ark for the whole of KS1. It worked well.

8. We (and parents) loved the Wriggly Nativity, as there are actions for all children in songs. We split the narration between about three speakers who were good readers and confident. the songs lend themselves to a class at a time doing a dance/actions on the stage, so all children can 'star' for a few seconds!

9. jubilada

jubilada New commenter

I did this with such a group and it worked well. Older children did the speaking/acting parts, played instruments and did a dance.