1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 1 reading test

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tmtm, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Would really appreciate advise on this.
    Does the reading test have to be administered in one day or can it be done over two mornings? Does it have to be done over two consecutive mornings? I just think the children would be at their best in the morning rather than trying to do some late afternoon. Does anyone know the regulations for this test? Is it true there will be spot checks done on how this test is administered by the LEA?
    Does anyone know the pass mark yet or do we have to wait until we open the pack to find this out?

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

3. Thank you for that. I have just read it but cannot find anywhere if it can be done over two consecutive mornings or can be spread out over a week. Can anyone help me on this point?

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

You can spead it out over the check week
    "The materials must be securely stored for the duration of the check week and until the last
    check has been administered in the school, which may be up until Friday 29 June. This is to
    maintain the integrity of the check."