1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 1 maths planning block a unit 3.

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by gemmah86, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Hi, I am recently returning to work after maternity leave and am going into year 1, a new year which I haven't taught in since teaching practice (5 years ago!) and i am feeling a little daunted at the prospect of it all, especially in relation to the maths planning. I am really feeling a bit rusty and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for teaching block a unit 3. Our theme is fairy tales, in particular hansel and gretel. I am just looking for some oral mental starter ideas to spice up 'one more or less than any given number and 10 more or less than multiples of 10. As well as something exciting to do with comparing, ordering and adding numbers?! I know this sounds a lot .....i am just a bit confused by it all!

Thanks,x

2. Hi, I am recently returning to work after maternity leave and am going into year 1, a new year which I haven't taught in since teaching practice (5 years ago!) and i am feeling a little daunted at the prospect of it all, especially in relation to the maths planning. I am really feeling a bit rusty and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for teaching block a unit 3. Our theme is fairy tales, in particular hansel and gretel. I am just looking for some oral mental starter ideas to spice up 'one more or less than any given number and 10 more or less than multiples of 10. As well as something exciting to do with comparing, ordering and adding numbers?! I know this sounds a lot .....i am just a bit confused by it all!

Thanks,x