1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 1 Maths interview - Ideas plz

Discussion in 'Primary' started by this_is_shaz, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Hi
    I have been invited for a year 1 class teacher post. Not worked in key stage 1 before!
    I will be observed for 20 minutes, teaching numeracy to a group of 10 children.
    Any ideas on the learning intention? how i could make the lesson fun and excited for the little ones!
    thank you

2. Hi
    I have been invited for a year 1 class teacher post. Not worked in key stage 1 before!
    I will be observed for 20 minutes, teaching numeracy to a group of 10 children.
    Any ideas on the learning intention? how i could make the lesson fun and excited for the little ones!
    thank you

3. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

Make it practical. Ensure all children are involved in the exposition (number fans, whiteboards etc). Show assessment part way through. Be positive. Don't keep them long on the carpet. If you are doing a starter do something kinesthetic. I play popcorn odds and evens.