1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 1 making their own class rules?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Notmynormalname, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Has anyone ever done this before?
    I am fine with how to introduce and talk about this to the children, but how do you organise them making their own. I would only need about 5 rules on a4 paper so would you just get a group to create them using the rules that the children decided as a class?

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm thinking I might split them into groups and get each one to freeze frame showing a rule. Then I'll take a photo.and display it like that.

Or you could type the rule in outline letters and the children can decorate them then next day.

3. Thank you Teachingessentails.
    I love your idea Miniminx. I think I am going to get them to freeze frame too! How fantastic! :0) Thank you vey much. It's a lot more personal.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We have whole school golden rules, so I'm hoping to get them to keep an eye out for anyone showing an example of keeping the rule and taking a photo themselves to add to the display over the term.

5. Awesome idea!
    I love this website and how we can all share our ideas. Our school is one form entry and I miss having someone to plan with and bounce ideas off.
    Thanks again. :0)

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

But do you also miss having a year team colleague who drives you nuts? Or one with no initiative and a very poor work ethic? Or one who doesn't see any need to be more than satisfactory? Or who has less idea than you and less inclination to find out?

My colleague this year isn't any of those, but they have been sometimes in the past!

I also love this site for bouncing ideas about and asking advice.

7. Lol! Ok, when you put it like that! :0) Ha ha!
    That must be very frustrating!
    x