1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 1 interview

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sophiewillis10, Jun 11, 2019.

1. sophiewillis10

sophiewillis10 New commenter

Hello,

I have an interview on Friday and I need to teach a 20 minute lesson to a year one class. I can choose the lesson and it can be reading, writing or maths. Because of the short amount of time I was considering doing a reading input- reading a text (maybe the dark by lemony snickett) discussing it and asking some higher order questions etc,then getting them to write down a question for a character (the dark). Then swapping questions with their partner and answer them as the character. I’m not sure that it will be enough though, or whether it might be better to have a writing focus.

I’ve been teaching English abroad for the last year and a half so feel a bit out of the loop at the moment so would love to hear from anyone who has had a similar interview experience.

Thanks!

2. scorpio12

scorpio12 New commenter

Think that sounds very good and would be enough certainly for my Year 1s. I would put up some of the questions words to help them with their writing e.g. who/what/where etc.