1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 1 history and geography question

Discussion in 'Primary' started by nearly qualified, May 7, 2012.

1. HI
    After 5 years in FS I have been told I am moving into Year 1 for the last half term of this year.
    The teacher who has had them so far has told me they have covered everything they need to in Goeg/History and to do whatever I like.
    As I am new to Y1 I have absolutely no idea what to do!! Was thinking maybe linking into the olympics; focussing on the countries taking part for Geography and what the games used to be like/background into them for the history.
    Does this sound ok to you?
    Thanks in advance x

2. HI
    After 5 years in FS I have been told I am moving into Year 1 for the last half term of this year.
    The teacher who has had them so far has told me they have covered everything they need to in Goeg/History and to do whatever I like.
    As I am new to Y1 I have absolutely no idea what to do!! Was thinking maybe linking into the olympics; focussing on the countries taking part for Geography and what the games used to be like/background into them for the history.
    Does this sound ok to you?
    Thanks in advance x

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Sounds perfect and what I would do.

4. sounds lovely . . .and if they're all 'humanitied' out then link it with your dance/ music and do an opening ceremony. Design flags . . go nuts! There's a lovely olympic site: getset.london2012.com with great pics of sportsmen and women, para-olympians and flags etc and nice PHSE stuff on the values. Your school should have log in details to download some of the content xx

5. Hi
    Thanks. We are having a whole school olympic week soon and they wil be covering some of the things on the Getsetnetwork website then but I can always recap and look into more depth on other things x