1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 1 Help

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MrsT2011, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Hi Everyone,
    After Christmas, I'm starting a new post in year 1, I was wondering if any Year 1 teachers have any fantastic resources they can recommend, any books they think I should invest in for both me & the class and also if anyone could be as kind as to email me some examples of their planning so I know where to start!?

Thanks in advance!

PS my email address is katietomlinson2011@gmail.com

2. Hi Everyone,
    After Christmas, I'm starting a new post in year 1, I was wondering if any Year 1 teachers have any fantastic resources they can recommend, any books they think I should invest in for both me & the class and also if anyone could be as kind as to email me some examples of their planning so I know where to start!?

Thanks in advance!

PS my email address is katietomlinson2011@gmail.com

3. coffeecakes

coffeecakes New commenter

My best advice is to have a search on TES resources - search for 'Year 1 planning' or Y1 planning or ks1 planning. That way you can have a browse of what other people do and you can compare different ways of doing it. Some people teach y1 in a very formal way and for others it is similar the way that Foundation Stage is organised. For other still, like me, it is somewhere in between. As you are picking up this post in January, part way through the school year, I would ask school if you can look at the old teacher's planning so that you can ensure a smooth transition for your class and also that you plan in lines with your school's policy. Find out what topics they have already covered and look which learning objectives still need to be taught this year.

Year 1 is a fab year group - the children are motivated to learn and keen to please.