1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 1 help needed

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fab165, Jul 12, 2016.

1. fab165

fab165 New commenter

hello,
    I am supporting a teacher moving from year 2 to 1 and as I have the majority of my experiences in ks2, I wondered if anyone could give me some advice/top tips on how to prepare the teacher for year 1, use of provision/planning etc... Any help would be greatly received.
    Thanks,
    Fab165

2. Billie73

Billie73 Occasional commenter

They will be very immature in September and will need lots of support to get used to their new environment and to gain independence. You will be exhausted but it will pay off as long as you're consistent and ignore the 'cute' factor as much as you can!

3. fab165

fab165 New commenter

Thanks Billie73 that is great- I am reassuring her but also want to give some practical tips on setting up her classroom for provision- how have people set their classrooms up?

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Is there a reception teacher in your school that the two of you can ask? Having the first term or half term run more or less as reception is often a very good idea.

Surely this teacher, moving only from 2 to 1 can talk tot he current year 1 teacher and get some ideas? Yes, you are supporting, but surely they can set up a classroom?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.