1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

YEAR 1- FANTASTY STORIES

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MissHoney232, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I'm just forward thinking about planning and needing some advice. I'm an NQT in a YEAR 1 class. A very mixed class with quite a chunk of children with SEN and also some on G&T register.

My final Literacy unit of the year is Fantasy Stories- I have 4-5 weeks set aside for this. However I have never taught this unit before and am a little unsure of where to start!

My topic for the Summer term 2 is the Olympics... but not sure if this would tie in in any way to this Literacy topic... if it does not, I am not too worried as I have linked everything else to the Olympics.

Any advice on how to go about this unit would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

x

2. Hi all,

I'm just forward thinking about planning and needing some advice. I'm an NQT in a YEAR 1 class. A very mixed class with quite a chunk of children with SEN and also some on G&T register.

My final Literacy unit of the year is Fantasy Stories- I have 4-5 weeks set aside for this. However I have never taught this unit before and am a little unsure of where to start!

My topic for the Summer term 2 is the Olympics... but not sure if this would tie in in any way to this Literacy topic... if it does not, I am not too worried as I have linked everything else to the Olympics.

Any advice on how to go about this unit would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

x

3. Hi,
    I'm not a teacher, yet, but I teach creative writing to children in a weekly club.
    Fantasy Stories is a broad theme, you could tie it in with their aspirations ( for their perfect future,if they were athletes in the Olympics, retelling/writing new folk tales)
    I hope this helps.
    J :)