1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 1 end of year activities

Discussion in 'Primary' started by clairebear1, Jul 13, 2011.

1. I was wondering what people are doing with their class the last week of term? I have a class of year 1s..they are really struggling now and we still have 1 week left. I want to enjoy the last week with them and do lots of fun things. I have the usual game ideas to play..but I was wondering what other things people were doing? I dont want them having free choice all the time, still want some structure!
    Any ideas would be much appreciated!
    Thank you.

2. These aren't amazing but here are a couple of things we have done. With my year ones we have made memory posters. Where each group has written or drawn as many things they can remember from our year together and then stuck them on a big sheet of sugar paper. They enjoyed looking at each others and sharing them with the class. I also printed a load of photos from our year together and the children went round writing post its, thought bubbles, speech bubbles and captions about them. Though their favourite so far was putting all their photos in the beebot mat and directing the beebot to different photos and saying nice things/memorys about them (of course finishing with races!). We may make awards or certificates for each other next week, also we will be cooking for the school picnic and writing invites for this. We have also been enjoying revisiting lots of our favourite stories from the year and songs we have learnt. Enjoy your last week!