1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 1 Class Assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sianfarrelly, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Hi, I wondered if anyone could help. I am returning from maternity leave after the Easter holiday, and have a class assembly on 6th May -giving me 6 days to rehearse. I have not done a Year 1 assembly before, and have never taught these children. So I am starting from scratch. I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions. My email is sianlwilliams@yahoo.com

Thank you.

2. Hi, just emailed you.

3. inq

inq

So have I!
    You'll soon have assemblies coming out of your ears!

4. Keep it simple if you don't know the children, how about focusing it on a SEAL topic. Then children can do a quick roleplay and the others can say a sentence each.
    Otherwise base it around a story you will be doing in your first week back and they can act that out,

5. Thank you for all your ideas. They have been very helpful.

6. char2505

char2505 New commenter

If you find a way to wedge in songs all Y1 chn would know then it might be less fraught for you! Maybe songs linked to spring? What topic are you on?

7. Can you email me the ideas too!!

cgdula@yahoo.com

8. Hi,

Sorry to bother you but if you have any ideas for year 1 class assembly could you please send me some and i am stuck for ideas I have never taught in year 1 before and I really want to do something lovely. My email is hhickman18@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you :)