1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 1/2 Interview 20 min Maths session

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by berkeley04, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Hello!
    Not sure if anyone can help... have just found out I have an interview next mon and I have to teach a 20 min maths session, where the focus is my choice. Its with 25 mixed ability children and I need to do the starter (20min) but plan as though it would have been the whole lesson. I want it to be as fun and active as possible and I will have a TA.

ANY help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated?!!

Thank You!!

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

You must must MUST plan this out for yourself. Having done this, there's no harm in running it by an experienced teacher whose opinion you trust and value - but not on TES.
    Many heads post on here, including at least one who interivewed last year and had no less than 4 candidates presenting the same lesson they'd seen advised on a thread just like this on TES. Needless to say, she appointed none of them.
    I see you've posted this on SMT - if that means you're being interviewed for a senior management post, there's even more reason why you really ought to be able to plan this on your own.

3. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

As the aforementioned headteacher, I would second that. Please think of your own idea.

4. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

we are quite a helpful bunch on Maths - post there or on primary - but please do tell us your rough ideas first, and then we'll hlep you refine them!