1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yeah! Master chef is back!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vladimir, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

Boo! Gregg Wallace is back!

2. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Detest cooking progs.
    Zzzzz

3. Vladimir

You'd have liked Bake Off!

4. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

5. Memphismojo

Memphismojo Established commenter

I quite like his straight talking.

6. peakster

peakster Star commenter

It's got really boring now and you have to deal with Gregg and Monica's gurning to the camera all the time.

Every TV show has a sell by date - Masterchef has hit theirs.

7. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

I used to like the programme when Lloyd Grossman was fronting it. I understood what they were doing and I felt that, on a very good cooking day, I could produce an approximation of what they were putting on the plates.

The cooking is way out of my league these days and, while I occasionally watch the programme, I don't find it particularly gripping.

8. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I miss Michel Roux Jnr. I'm not keen on Marcus Wareing.

9. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

It's true, Marcus takes himself seriously, but is more handsome than Jnr, but I actually preferred Lloyd too and have a book of his "125 best recipes ever", whereas I don't of the other two.

10. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

I too miss Michel Roux Jr, but I shall watch nevertheless. I'm always amazed at some of the challenges the professionals don't know how to do.

11. Vladimir

And the straight way he lamps someone for no reason but doesn't get the sack?

12. Vladimir

Especially as Gregg only learned how to do it passively five minutes before the pros come out, yet he feels qualified to turn looks of disapproval. I'm not keen on Monica either. I'm not sure which of the two sexes she is.

And they both need serious dental work! No wonder the Yanks laugh at us!

13. Vladimir

I like Marcus more. I think seriousness is not an issue when it's Pro Masterchef. Let it be an asset.

I don't like the way Michel was drummed off Masterchef though, and the reasons for it.

Got to admire Michel's drive and patience as a teacher with the group of disabled students in his current programme though.

14. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Gregg has no credibility whatsoever, as an 'expert.' He may have been an expert on buying and selling vegetables, but not what to do with thrm subsequently. It was ok to start with, when it was him and John Torode, but it's formulaic now.

Why, as a pro, would you enter a competition and be unable to cook stuff that any pro should be able to knock out? There must be plenty of applicants and tests before they get to the final numbers, so is it purely for TV. If you can't put together a meal that has flavour, seasoning and is edible, you shouldn't be doing it for a living, surely.

15. VanEyssen

VanEyssen Established commenter

It's tired rubbish now but cheap as chips to make.

16. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Why can't it be Mistress Chef?

17. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

18. Memphismojo

Memphismojo Established commenter

I disagree he lampoons people for no reason.

19. Vladimir

Why can't a princess be a prince?
    Why can't a midwife be a midhusband?
    Why can't a man be a wet-nurse?
    Such sexually-aware political a correctness can only be possible in a language such as English, that, in its modern form, has no grammatical gender save 'she' for ships.
    Moreover, 'Mistress Chef' sound like a bit-on-the-side that cooks for money.

20. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Oh dear, Vladimir. It was a joke.