1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yeah I got a job

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by wimbles, Jun 18, 2011.

1. What a week, two job interviews and two lesson observations. My nerves ruined the first lesson observation, it was average but the second lesson was great. The lovely staff who made me feel so welcome eased my nerves and I got the job. Finally I can complete my NQT year in a fantastic school in my chosen year group. After 6 months looking for a teaching position I was beginning to think it would never happen and I would have to give up on teaching. Now I can't wait for September.

2. What a week, two job interviews and two lesson observations. My nerves ruined the first lesson observation, it was average but the second lesson was great. The lovely staff who made me feel so welcome eased my nerves and I got the job. Finally I can complete my NQT year in a fantastic school in my chosen year group. After 6 months looking for a teaching position I was beginning to think it would never happen and I would have to give up on teaching. Now I can't wait for September.

3. cshanks

cshanks New commenter

I am exactly the same, been doing supply for a year trying to find somewhere to do my last term of my NQT, was looking for jobs elsewhere and got a job yesterday ina lovely school.
    Well done!

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

So perseverance won out! Well done & congratulations! Go celebrate![​IMG]

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star!
    [​IMG]
    Super, super, super!
    Finally completing induction - what a great achievement!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and often contribute to the Job Application Seminar Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!

6. Well done both of you!