1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

YAY!!!! Number 1 in the charts!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dragonlady30, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

bombaysapphire likes this.
  2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

That's what I call good news. Not that I've anything against Justin Bieber, it's just an NHS choir seems more in keeping with a Christmas message. (Though I appreciate not everyone will agree.)

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

You should...

ninenotes likes this.
  4. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

I have.

5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, wouldn't that make for an ideal site to hold a Justin Bieber concert?

6. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I did hear the other day that Justin Beiber was encouraging his fans to buy the NHS single to make it no.1 as it was far more deserving. Maybe I have to reassess my hatred of him now.

coffeekid likes this.
  7. Dragonlady30

Hatred is such a strong word don't you think? I prefer to keep my hatred for more deserving cases than a kid from Canada.
    Having said that, I do SO agree with you in these circumstances.

8. Tom_Pubes

Tom_Pubes Senior commenter

So, basically, it's No 1 because of Justin Bieber, not because it deserved to be musically, as such.
    Where are the proceeds going?
    We're not going to have this every year now, are we?

9. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

Which it didn't, being blander than something blander than anyone can imagine.

I feel for Louisa Johnson. She has a stunning voice but she'll now probably be dropped by Syco before Van Gaal gets the brown envelope.

10. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

You don't think his PR advisers had anything to do with his recommendation, given the PR disasters earlier this year?

11. Dragonlady30

But she will have other chances as she has her own PR group behind her, but since when did the Christmas number 1 have a requirement of musicality? I'd be pushed to find any in Mr Blobby!! :D

This is a charity record, pure and simple. Some folks will benefit from the money raised.

12. PussyGraves

PussyGraves Occasional commenter

3 records in the top 5 and 8 in the top 40, is not bad for a PR disaster.

13. cuteinpuce

Yes but contrast that with Bob the Builder and Can We Fix It?

14. cuteinpuce

YES WE CAN!!!!!

15. Dragonlady30

:D :D :D