1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yay! I'll take you to Mrs Cole on Ebay!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by FenellaF, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Better be quick y'all, someone has got the book on Ebay for a reasonable price. I already have it but I know it's in much demand, so thought I'd let you know.

2. Better be quick y'all, someone has got the book on Ebay for a reasonable price. I already have it but I know it's in much demand, so thought I'd let you know.

3. Aren't you going to buy it, wait until the last week in August and then offer it to the highest bidder on the inevitable threads next academic year?
    [​IMG]
    LT

4. Oooh, now you got me thinking! Lol.

5. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

*logs onto ebay...gets popcorn...settles down to watch the mayhem*

Hey - who's up for a sweepstake for the winning bid??!!

6. OK - taking bets that this thread bounces right up to the top of the forum by about August 25th next year with a "hi I know this is a really old thread but I want to do this book with my class when we get back, can you scan it and email it to me"... followed by, oh, shall we say 8 posters all adding "me too" and their email addresses?

7. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

8. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

My money would be on this, Flibble. The words "Mrs Cole" and "available on eBay" will have them flocking to this thread.
    I might put August 25th on my Google calendar, to remind me to check the forum and enjoy the sheep effect...

9. seakay

seakay New commenter

This kind of thing makes me really cross. S/He has made £50 that we're aware of from this powerpoint. It is essentially stealing and making a profit off it.
    Am I over the top to report this listing to ebay for copyright infringement?

10. I reported the PowerPoint - blatent Copyright infringement.

11. seakay

seakay New commenter

Me too! Just done it. I want ebay to take all the money back and give it the author/publisher. Won't happen though.

12. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

I have some sympathy with the ebay 'entrepeneur' seeing as the owners of the copyright don't seem to want to make the book available.

13. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Listing has been removed!

14. Wow - that was quick!!

15. I can't believe that the book is still on! Those tessers obviously weren't that desparate - hey ho, may indeed buy it myself to flog next year! [​IMG]

16. Ah, but hasn't the optimum period for teaching this unit (i.e. first day back) passed? It won't be mentioned now until next August...
    LT

17. I'll take you to Mrs Cole will be available from 21 September 2011. Look at the WH Smith and Tesco websites. Can't believe it's being re-printed after all this time - 5 weeks after we all needed it!!!

18. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Great news [​IMG] I think ...who needed it? I certainly didn't.

19. It's like some zombie cult - with Mrs Cole as the leader...