1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y8 Trip to France

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by sumsam, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Hi,
    maths teacher here nipped across to your forum for a bit of advice please.
    My head has asked me to organise a residential visit to France for 60 year 8 students June 2014, searching on the internet brings up loads of companies and I really don't know where to start.
    Can anyone recommend a company or destination? What has worked well for you? We would like to do a range of activities and my head mentioned that many years ago she stayed in a chateaux but can't remember where - however I got the impression that something similar would be good.
    All suggestions gratefully received.
    many thanks in advance
    sumsam

2. sam enerve

sam enerve New commenter

NTL has their own chateau in the north of France- I've been with them a few times and it's been good, if a little pricey. I've also used Rhapsody and Voyager. I'm using Voyager this year as my HoD says they're the best she has used.
    Voyager has their own accommodation centre near Paris.

3. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Chateau de la Baudonniere not far from Mt St Michel is wonderful - have been several times.
    All the animateurs are French and all the activities are conducted in French. The kids love it.
    Check out their website. You need to book early.

4. Hi there sumsam - if you haven't found anything suitable we run a centre for language and activity weeks in Burgundy. We are a small company and so are able to tailor the week to the needs of each individual school. I am also an ex-teacher with many years experience of running trips myself so understand the difficulties and am keen to make it as easy as possible for the organizer ! Do have a look at our website - www.maisonclairefontaine.com and I would be happy to help you in any way if we can.

All the very best

Alex

5. mflnqt

mflnqt New commenter

I'd recomend Chateau Beaumont same as the previous poster! Its fun lively and very French!