1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y7 End of term experiments?

Discussion in 'Science' started by calc20, Jul 7, 2015.

1. You know that old chestnut...are we doing a practical today? Can we make things explode?

I have one lesson left with my year 7 group when I can go off topic and do something different.

There's plenty of demos to do, elephant toothpaste, mentos, methane bubbles etc but any ideas for anything that they can do themselves which in my eyes is completely safe but in their eyes is exciting and a bit risky?

I'm sure I know plenty but end of term brain has set in!

Many thanks!

2. My technician has recommended making their own sparklers. Using wooden spills, and mg powder, and they can make them themselves. I'm yet to try it, but thats what I'm doing.

3. msuxg

msuxg New commenter

Why not take part in this year's Global Experiment? Collaborate with students across the world by taking part in this experiment to investigate the properties of hydrogels.

4. headflower

headflower New commenter

I'm doing the hydrogen 'pop' test, good old methane bubbles and pond dipping (as we're lucky enough to have a pond).

Always fun to do flame colour tests, flying teabags, sugar rock cycle and popping film canisters, too :)