1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y6 teacher assessment query

Discussion in 'Primary' started by elizabeth1972, Jun 18, 2011.

1. I'm an NQT in a mixed year group class which includes Y6. I know that the deadline for submitting Y6 teacher assessment levels is looming and I keep asking in school exactly what is required, but I'm not getting much info. I know that if I don't have all the relevant levels at least a couple of days before the deadline, my headteacher is not going to be amused.
    So, can anyone confirm, do I need to provide:

Reading level and sublevel,
    Writing level and sublevel,
    Speaking and listening level,
    Maths level and sublevel,
    Science ???
    Thank you. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

2. I'm an NQT in a mixed year group class which includes Y6. I know that the deadline for submitting Y6 teacher assessment levels is looming and I keep asking in school exactly what is required, but I'm not getting much info. I know that if I don't have all the relevant levels at least a couple of days before the deadline, my headteacher is not going to be amused.
    So, can anyone confirm, do I need to provide:

Reading level and sublevel,
    Writing level and sublevel,
    Speaking and listening level,
    Maths level and sublevel,
    Science ???
    Thank you. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

3. Your head should have given you the ARA for KS2 - this was needed for National Curriculum Tests as well. If not, try this link http://www.qcda.gov.uk/resources/publication.aspx?id=37c3685b-dfa7-4eba-abf7-2b3a14df79ec bottom link. Check out sections 4 and 5. Plus this link http://orderline.qcda.gov.uk/gempdf/1849629862/QCDA-10-5369-p_Calculating_overall_subject_levels_at_keystage2_final.pdf
    tells you exactly how to do this. It's more than just a level for each subject - Maths and Science you need to provide a level for each attainment target, which don't match up to APP so if you've been using this to assess think again...

4. Thank you. I didn't administer the SATS and wasn't really allowed to see any of the paperwork. Everything was kept locked away and I felt like it was all being done in secret.
    Looks like I'm in a bit of a mess, then! Guess who'll be spending hours trying to convert my current APP records into what is required for TA?!